Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

She now rests in heaven

At last Mam Mayo was laid to rest this noon at the Baguio Memorial Cemetery. We bade farewell to a holy woman. While observing the burial rites, It came upon my mind the memories with her and her family. Again, it made me teary eyed.

I remember the time when we ate Cim asked me to join them in the mass at SM. I thought I was going home after that but I ended up having breakfast with them and joining the family in sending 'te Cim in the terminal.

She never was my teacher but when I was still in college, I was with CYA when she came inside the Alumni office. She offered me her "baon", a pack of cookies she bought from the grocery. Though I wasn't hungry, I got some because I don't want to offend this kind and demure woman.

Once when going up General Luna St. feeling sad, she happily called me and hugged me. I know my face tells what I'm feeling but by that simple gesture, she comforted me. 

There are a lot of memories, good memories shared with her and her family but the most precious of those are her smiles. The feeling of acceptance and kindness. These qualities, I wish to emulate. I thank God for making me know Mam and her family.

The truth dawned on me this morning is that we all know she is now in heaven. But it also means we will surely miss her. God bless her soul.

2 comments:

akvillaluz said...

Thank you, my friend, for the kind words for Mama. You too, remain a blessing to us. May you be strong in all that you have been called to do. KKBBH

luta said...

Salamuch AK! ;-) By the way, how did you came to know this blog? KKBBH