Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Another school year

 A few hours from now, I will be back to San Jose High School for a meeting that will start another school year. It's happy and sad. Sad because many of our colleagues will not be with us in search of greener pasture. Public school teachers receive twice or thrice of our monthly pay. A few hours ago, Joan, another close friend and colleague confirmed that she will resign to work as a call center agent in Manila. I wish her good luck for I know that she needs it more.

Though many will go, I am anxious to meet new colleagues who will later be friends. One friend from the past will even be one among us starting tomorrow. I am also anticipating the many changes that will happen this school year for the improvement of the curriculum, facilities and of course our skills (and I hope and dearly hope a big raise in our salaries).

But no matter if it is sad, happy or a combination of both, with this new school year also comes a better me. I vowed not to let anything to get in the way of improving my craft and creativity. It is a way to celebrate the gifts God gave me. No matter how simple or ordinary they are. I hope this year I'll be able to do it.

2 comments:

Bev said...

Another school year of making a difference in your students' lives. May the Almighty bless and keep you and your family well always...

And here's a toast to the few of you who finds fulfillment in serving more than the call for better pay...

luta said...

Thank you Bevs... :-D