Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hunter X Hunter

The long days of ‘no classes’ made me have an opportunity to sit down and watch. I cannot go out because I’m trying to recondition my self. I suddenly got sick after paying a visit to some of the wake of the casualties of Pepeng. Sad until now and thinking about that event is somewhat stalling.

So here comes a cartoon series that helped me cheer up. I’m not yet done watching the series but it did surprised me. I thought Hunter X Hunter is a cartoons about entertainment only. I was wrong. It teaches about values especially of respect, politeness, care and compassion to friends and animals. Aside from the wit, it incites the viewer to think deeply. Example, in one of the Hunter quiz given by the old lady, the question is: “If two of your children is kidnapped and you can only save one of them, which are you going to choose? One, your daughter; or two, your son?” Hmmm…tough question eh?

I love the innocence of Gon and his faith in people. The wisdom of Kurapica and of course Leorio’s foolishness is a comedy but he is compassionate. Maybe I can also see myself in Leorio. He’s an adult but the children, Gon, Kurapica and a third child, are teaching him the manners he he…Aside from that, he shows himself as tough, greedy and selfish in the outside to conceal his real self. He reasons money and greed as his intention to go through and pass the Hunter exam. But deep inside, he is going through all those trouble to acquire the money he need to become a doctor and heal people for free. He needs to portray that kind of character until he will be able to fulfill the plan. If not, it can be easily ruined by others.

These days, I have to show off myself as tough and hard to my students especially if the child is so weak. I noticed many of today’s generation are so weak. They were over-protected by their parents that if a problem and trial will come, they will easily give up. I don’t want them to become like that. Aside from that, I also have my personal reasons and just like Leorio, I have to stay like this for some time until the plan will materialize. Just like Leorio again, it is the students who also teaches me. Not through their year-end evaluation, but through their sharings, stories, answers to questions, characters and attitude. Just like what my high school teacher once told us.

No comments: