Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Anticipating this school year

May 26, 2008 will be the day i'll be reporting for another school year. That would be the first day of enrollment and everybody will be busy again.

For some days now, I am anticipating what would the environment be with the coming of 10 or more new co-teachers. I am excited to know them and work with. Excited also for another chance to continue to learn more and master my craft as an educator. And excited also to know my load: that means, will I be teaching the higher years? Will my Arts 2 load be replaced with the Values Education Subjects? Will the BEC load be given back to us CLE teachers or will they remain to be handled by the advisers? What will be my advisory class? the question goes on and on but I'll have to patiently wait.

(Sigh) but honestly, with the excitement comes the same question that's bothering me for some time now. That is, to stay or follow the trend.

I enjoy my job and service in my alma mater and wish I would stay there 'till retirement but with the exodus of teachers for a greener pasture, I realized that success even in the teaching profession is also composed of good, if not the best financial compensation and appreciation of the administration of its teacher's efforts. Two co-workers who became close friends already resigned and another one is expected to leave after one or two years. My former teachers who became co-workers are also gone.

I don't know until when will this lingering question bother my mind but for this school year, i'll still try to continue mastering my craft. As one line that struck me in our seminar today says: " ...strive not only be the best in the world but be the best 'for' the world whatever your profession is."

No comments: